Grandma's French Tuna Salad Wraps
“My French Canadian grandmother always made tuna salad with chopped egg in it. I tried a version of it, added veggies for complete nutrition and turned it into a wrap. It's fun and we get the memory of my grandmother.” Jennifer Magrey - Sterling, Connecticut
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (5 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, mayonnaise and pepper.
- Spoon tuna mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with
- lettuce, carrot, tomato, onion and egg. Roll up tightly. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 328 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.