- 1 can (5 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, mayonnaise and pepper. Spoon tuna mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, carrot, tomato, onion and egg. Roll up tightly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's French Tuna Salad Wraps
Sort By :
"one of my hubby's weekly lunches ~ I use a Flax Oat Bran & whole wheat Lavash bread instead of the tortilla, lay a bed of romaine lettuce down then the tuna salad. Doesn't get soggy :)"
"Very good. I have always made tuna salad with egg in it but like that the egg is separate so you get bites of it throughout. The only thing I would warn is that it's a very moist sandwich and does not pack well for lunch. Even if you make it in the morning by the time lunch rolls around the tortilla is soggy, it still tastes good though. This is better eaten right after making it and not so good for a packed lunch. Will definitely make again but on days off or for supper so I can eat it right away."
"This was really good and very similar to a lower fat version that I've made for years. I use yogurt instead of mayo, add a little bit of shredded Monterey Jack cheese to the tuna mixture, and a few dashes of tobasco for a little kick. Great tucked into a whole wheat pita!"
"I add 3 chopped hard cooked eggs for each 6 oz. can Tuna, chopped green onions & mayo to moisten. I'll be trying this with the additional toppings."
"I made this when my kids were small, but chopped the egg up in the tuna as my mother did. I'm not a very creative cook and never thought about putting the carrots in it or using a tortilla in place of bread. Intend to make it for my lunch today. Thank you for reminding me of what I always thought was a delicious sandwich. Ragmop"