Grandma's Favorite Potato Salad Recipe
I've never found a better potato salad recipe than this one handed down from my grandma. Like many grandmothers, mine cooked with a dash of this and a dash of that, so I estimated the measurements on this recipe. Feel free to change them according to taste, just like Grandma did! -Susan Plocher, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 6 to 7 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, onions, pickles, mustard, horseradish, garlic and seasonings. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Gently stir in eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 297 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC