- 6 to 7 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, onions, pickles, mustard, horseradish, garlic and seasonings. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Gently stir in eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Favorite Potato Salad
"Hope it's ok to review but I did not have everything for this so had to substitute. Used russets and did not have yogurt or the horseradish. Used a packet of Arby's Horsey Sauce and a splash of pickle juice, also chopped some jarred red bell peppers to add for color. Everything else was as written and it was really delish. Will make this recipe from now on."
"This was delicious! I cut it in half and it came out beautifully. I cut up the red potatoes, put them in a pot with cold water, brought it to a boil, then lowered temperature to a simmer for about 5 minutes. I used regular onion instead of green (personal preference). Also, I had to estimate on how many pickles to use, since I had baby dill and not spears. I think I didn't use enough (my fault). My husband and I also found that it tasted great with a little shredded cheddar on top! This is an all-around great potato salad that I know I will keep coming back to."
"Wow! I've tasted a lot of potato salads in my life, but this is my first time making one. The dressing has a fantastic taste & all the flavors meld together perfectly. I left out the yogurt & celery seed as I didn't have those on hand. But I did add in a stalk of finely chopped celery. It takes time & effort to make it, but it's worth it!"
"This was wonderful. I made it for Father's Day and everyone loved it. I added a few more dill pickles than the recipe called for. It is a keeper!!"
"Best potato salad I've ever had! Full of flavor! I made this for a July 4th party and it has now become my must have for BBQs!"