- 6 to 7 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, onions, pickles, mustard, horseradish, garlic and seasonings. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Gently stir in eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Favorite Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Wow! I've tasted a lot of potato salads in my life, but this is my first time making one. The dressing has a fantastic taste & all the flavors meld together perfectly. I left out the yogurt & celery seed as I didn't have those on hand. But I did add in a stalk of finely chopped celery. It takes time & effort to make it, but it's worth it!"
"This was wonderful. I made it for Father's Day and everyone loved it. I added a few more dill pickles than the recipe called for. It is a keeper!!"
"Best potato salad I've ever had! Full of flavor! I made this for a July 4th party and it has now become my must have for BBQs!"
"This is a very flavorful recipe. At first it seemed salty; but after I added the eggs and let it refridgerate for a couple hours, it was perfect! It got rave reviews from all who ate it at the BBQ. Highly recommend. Better than my old recipe by far."
"This is my favorite potato salad recipe. I use dill dip in place of the yogurt and dill pickle relish in place of the pickle spears. I think I use 1 to 2 TBSP of relish (to taste)."