Grandma's Favorite Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 to 7 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, onions, pickles, mustard, horseradish, garlic and seasonings. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Gently stir in eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Favorite Potato Salad
Sort By :
"This is a very flavorful recipe. At first it seemed salty; but after I added the eggs and let it refridgerate for a couple hours, it was perfect! It got rave reviews from all who ate it at the BBQ. Highly recommend. Better than my old recipe by far."
"This is my favorite potato salad recipe. I use dill dip in place of the yogurt and dill pickle relish in place of the pickle spears. I think I use 1 to 2 TBSP of relish (to taste)."
"I want to add that I use 1/2 C. dill dip instead of yogurt. I also use dill pickle relish instead of the pickle spears - I don't measure, just add to taste. It could be a tablespoon."
"This is by far my favorite potato salad. I get lots of compliments when I make it. It's very creamy and tasty."
"Loved this one. Just as it is it was fabulous, but next time I'm going to add just a touch of vinegar, or dill pickle liquid to give the dressing a bit more tang. But loved this, and it went perfectly with steak and a broccoli bacon salad for my summer bbq menu."