- 6 to 7 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, onions, pickles, mustard, horseradish, garlic and seasonings. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Gently stir in eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Favorite Potato Salad
"This was delicious! I cut it in half and it came out beautifully. I cut up the red potatoes, put them in a pot with cold water, brought it to a boil, then lowered temperature to a simmer for about 5 minutes. I used regular onion instead of green (personal preference). Also, I had to estimate on how many pickles to use, since I had baby dill and not spears. I think I didn't use enough (my fault). My husband and I also found that it tasted great with a little shredded cheddar on top! This is an all-around great potato salad that I know I will keep coming back to."
"Wow! I've tasted a lot of potato salads in my life, but this is my first time making one. The dressing has a fantastic taste & all the flavors meld together perfectly. I left out the yogurt & celery seed as I didn't have those on hand. But I did add in a stalk of finely chopped celery. It takes time & effort to make it, but it's worth it!"
"This was wonderful. I made it for Father's Day and everyone loved it. I added a few more dill pickles than the recipe called for. It is a keeper!!"
"Best potato salad I've ever had! Full of flavor! I made this for a July 4th party and it has now become my must have for BBQs!"
"This is a very flavorful recipe. At first it seemed salty; but after I added the eggs and let it refridgerate for a couple hours, it was perfect! It got rave reviews from all who ate it at the BBQ. Highly recommend. Better than my old recipe by far."