- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let
- rest 10 minutes. Divide into 72 pieces; shape each into a ball.
- Place 2 in. apart in four greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Cover and
- let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine egg whites and water; brush over
- tops. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool. For icing, combine confectioners' sugar, butter
- and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Pipe a cross on top
- of each bun. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bun equals 219 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.