Grandma's Egg Noodles
Mary Stout, Topeka, Indiana
5 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the
- center. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, egg, water and oil;
- pour into well. Stir to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide into
- thirds. Roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut noodles into
- 1/4-in. strips; cut the strips into 2-in. lengths. Cook immediately
- in boiling broth for 5-7 minutes or until tender; drain. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.