Grandma's Creamy Potato Salad Recipe
My grandma makes the best potato salad, but she doesn't use a recipe! So I watched while she put together "a little of this and a little of that" and jotted a recipe that comes close. The creamy dressing also works well for making deviled eggs.
- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC