- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Creamy Potato Salad
"I boiled the potatoes for only 7 minutes. I also cut it in half and it works out well. If I cut it in half again, I will use 3 eggs. Next time I may add some celery and some garlic powder. It's pretty good, but I need to change it a bit to suit our tastes. I will definitely make this again :)"
"This is the BEST potato salad ever!"
"Mmmm - used russet potatoes, onion powder, organic mayo, skipped the sour cream, balsamic vinegar. That vinegar turned the salad a somewhat dark color but it still tasted awesome."
"My favorite recipe I've used since it was first published back in1999. Everyone loves it. We put some crumbled crisp bacon in it too. Really good!!"
"I use this recipe whenever I make potato salad. I use regular Idaho potatoes with the skin on, and it always turns out fantastic. The key is to let it sit in the refrig so that the flavors marry. Tastes best the next day, but sometimes I just can't wait!"