This treasured dish was one of my grandma's favorites, and I have fond memories of making this stew with my mother. Now I serve it to my own family.—Trisha Kaylor, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Corn Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p144
Reviews for Grandma's Corn Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review