Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
The secret to these rolls is the brown sugar sauce they're baked in. I serve them as dinner rolls as well as for special breakfast treat.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the remaining sugar and water, butter, egg, salt and 1-1/2 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- 4. Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread filling over dough. Roll up from the long side. Seal seam. Slice into 15 rolls; place with cut side down over topping. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; invert pan onto a serving plate. Yield: 15 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC