- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the remaining sugar and water, butter, egg, salt and 1-1/2 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread filling over dough. Roll up from the long side. Seal seam. Slice into 15 rolls; place with cut side down over topping. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; invert pan onto a serving plate. Yield: 15 rolls.
Reviews for Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
"So good! This recipe is just about perfect."
"These were really fluffy and delicious cinnamon rolls. I didn't have whipping cream, so I substituted with vanilla icecream. In order to compesate for the extra sweet in the icecream, I reduced the brown sugar to 2/3 cups. The brown sugar-ice cream sauce was a really nice touch. Next time, I will hopefully have whipping cream handy and try it according to the original recipe. I will definately add this to my favorite list and make again."