Grandma's Chocolate Pudding
Donna Hughes of Rochester, New Hampshire reminisces, "My grandmother always made this creamy, very chocolaty pudding when we visited."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and flour. Add water and milk;
- stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
- mixture comes to a boil. Cook until thick, about 1 minute. Remove
- from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Cool to room temperature,
- stirring several times. Pour into a serving bowl or individual
- dishes. Serve warm or chill. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.