- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and salt on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in brown sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over warm crust to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with
- walnuts. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.