Grandma's Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to the cream mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Grandma's Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
"Wish my Grandma had made cookies like this. These were fantastic. This recipe was really fun to fool around with. Instead of using quick oats I used Bob's Red Mill Extra Thick Oats. I substituted by weight and not volume. I divided the recipe and put Raisinets in part; peanut butter cup chips in some and bittersweet chocolate chips, dried cherries and walnuts in the third portion. I used a size 20 scoop and got 54 cookies. I baked at 350 degrees 13 minutes. I added 1 t. of salt to the recipe, but I would not do that again."
"Lost this recipe and was in a panic, it's a favorite of all my family. It is a huge batch and hard to mix, so cut in 1/2 and use hook beater to mix or a strong husband to help. So worth it - Thanks for sharing -"
"This recipe is easily cut in half. The cookies are rich and taste great! They will not last long in this house."