Grandma's Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
"Ever since my husband's grandmother gave me this special recipe, I haven't made another oatmeal cookie recipe. The pudding mix makes them chewy," relates Donna Trumbauer of Coopersburg, Pennsylvania.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:42 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to the cream mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC