- 13-in. circle. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Place the berries in a large bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch,
- lemon peel, vanilla, ginger and allspice; add to berries and toss
- gently to coat. Pour into crust. Fold edges of pastry over filling.
- Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- For topping, combine the sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in
- butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without additional sugar and milk) equals 328 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.