This treasured dish was one of my grandma's favorites, and I have fond memories of making this stew with my mother.—Trisha Kaylor, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Corn Stew in Cooking for 2
Reviews for Grandma's Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review