Grandma's Baked Rice Custard Recipe
While growing up in Italy in the 1900s, my mother lived a very basic life. But when Easter Sunday arrived, my grandmother would make this dessert as a special treat.
- 14 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Stir in the milk, ricotta cheese, rise, pineapple, evaporated milk and vanilla. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-22 servings.
3/4 cup: 193 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Grandma's Baked Rice Custard
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC