- 14 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Stir in the milk, ricotta cheese, rise, pineapple, evaporated milk and vanilla. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-22 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Baked Rice Custard in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p162
Reviews for Grandma's Baked Rice Custard
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2012
"Served this at a church supper tonight and everyone raved about it.They all wanted a copy of the recipe."