Grandma's Apple Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and sugars until smooth. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined. Stir in carrots and apple.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Apple Carrot Cake(5)
Sort By :
What an AWESOME cake! I've made many different Apple Carrot cakes and this is by far the BEST. It was gone in a flash! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!
i made this cake exactly like it said except i did 3 apples and some carrots enough to make 4 cups instead of 5 (i doubled the recipe). i put it in a 13.5" X 2" (3 Qt) glass baking pan @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. it turned out perfect, moist and scrumptious. next time i will put the rite amount of carrots and apples if i have it but it was awesome!!! my 2 boys and their daddy went crazy over it!!!
I decided to experiment with this recipe and what I did was use:3/4 cup finely diced fresh beets, peeled & 3/4 cup shredded carrots (peeled) & 1 cup shredded apple. I also added 1 cup of raisins, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/8 cup flour so the raisins and chips wouldn't sink to bottom of cake. I baked the cake in two 8-1/2x4-1/2" greased and floured loaf pans. I baked the loaves at 350 0 F. for 50 minutes, then tested loaves for doneness. I cut one of the loaves and it was really pretty-the flecks of beet added color to the loaves! I renamed the recipe:Red Confetti Loaf! This way I can sneak the beets into the recipe and that way vegetables are incorporated into this cake in a subtle way!
Very good. Moist and flavorful. I added 1/2 cup pecans. Used pre-made cream cheese icing.
I made this cake this past weekend and it is very good. I used a 8X8 pan so it took a little longer to bake but it came out very moist and very good. I served it to a friend of mine and he ate four pieces. I will use the recipe again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Carrot Cake >
- Carrot Cake Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >