Grandma's Apple Bread Recipe
Delicious aromas of apples, cinnamon and nuts baking in the bread will make anyone’s mouth water.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, apple juice, applesauce and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC