- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, apple juice, applesauce and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Grandma's Apple Bread in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p47
Reviews for Grandma's Apple Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review