- Dough for two-crust pie, unbaked
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 quart hot water
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- Divide dough into two parts, roughly one-third and two-third portions. Roll out smaller portion and cut in strips. Cover bottom of a deep oven-proof casserole with half the strips; sprinkle with half the sugar, flour and nutmeg. Dot with half the butter. Repeat layers.
- Roll out remaining crust; place over all, pressing against the sides for the baking dish. Make a slit in top crust. Combine vinegar and water in a pan; heat and pour slowly through slit in top crust. Bake at 450° for 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grandma Pruit's Vinegar Pie in Country Woman March/April 1990, p39
Reviews for Grandma Pruit's Vinegar Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review