- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Add milk; stir just until blended. Fold in apples. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. deep baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Pour boiling water over top. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grandma Davidson's Baked Apple Pudding
"The recipe is just fine as written. I overcooked mine just slightly by accident. I think it might be better described as Apple Pudding cake, but maybe that was part of my overcooking. Regardless, it was excellent. Only thing I added differently was vanilla. 4 Stars for a perfectly fine recipe I would serve anytime. I love that has just simple , cheap ingredients, makes it even better, and far more practical for any occasion. I initially thought maybe it would be too much sugar, but did not taste over the top."