Grandma Buelah's Apple Dumplings Recipe
Buelah and Harry Hughson settled in Sioux County, Nebraska in the early 1900's. Grandma had a reputation for being a talented musician, avid card player and a marvelous cook! I always make a double batch of her dumplings for my husband and our four children.
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 6 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup maple or maple-flavored syrup, warmed
- 1. On a floured surface, roll out pastry to an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into six 6-in. squares. Place an apple on each square. Combine sugar and cream and spoon into apple center. Moisten edges of pastry; fold up the corners to center and pinch to seal.
- 2. Place on an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, basting twice with syrup. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 537 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Grandma Buelah's Apple Dumplings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC