Grandkid's Favorite French Toast
This is a delicious way to fix French toast. For years, I've used my old electric frying pan to make it. Nowadays, my 9-year-old grandson enjoys making this toast in that same pan. As far as eating it, all kids seem to like that part. It's great for breakfast or for a snack during the day.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup jam
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread six slices bread with peanut butter and six slices with jam.
- put slices together to form peanut butter and jam sandwiches; set
- Mix together eggs, milk and salt. melt butter in a large skillet or
- on a griddle on medium-high heat. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture;
- brown both sides. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.