Grand Slam Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail or tropical fruit salad, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, milk and lemonade concentrate. Fold in whipped topping and marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
3/4 cup: 199 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Grand Slam Salad
"I prepared this recipe for the first time 4/25/14. I DID adjust the recipe by using a 6-oz. container of frozen lemonade WATER ICE as I didn't have frozen lemonade concentrate! I kept the amount of marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, frozen whipped topping, the drained crushed pineapple the same! Please note that I used 2 cups of regular miniature marshmallows as I didn't have pastel-colored marshmallows! This worked out fine for me!I thawed the frozen whipped topping and the water ice in my refrigerator the night before I prepared the salad. I ALSO used a 15-oz. can of mixed fruit in PEAR CONCENTRATE, DRAINED and allowed the salad to sit, covered, in my refrigerator overnight. THEN I added a can (15-oz.) of FRUIT COCKTAIL IN PEAR CONCENTRATE, drained, to the salad 4/26/14 and gently tossed the salad before re-covering and returning to my refrigerator to chill again overnight! This salad looks delicious with its fluffy texture and colorful, too! I'm taking it to a luncheon at our chapel on 4/27/14! Salads and desserts were what was needed, so I thought-I'll make this salad! Thank you, Sue Gronholz, for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home! I'm sure that it will be a recipe for me to use time and again! It is a keeper for me! delowenstein"