Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
This is a bit different than the usual pound cakes I've prepared. The combination of cranberries and orange liqueur is incredible. —Kathy Hunter, Woodland, Washington
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, toss cranberries with Grand Marnier; microwave, covered, on high just until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Drain cranberries; fold cranberries into batter.
- 4. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix Grand Marnier and enough confectioners' sugar to reach a drizzling consistency. Spoon over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 425 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC