Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, toss cranberries with Grand Marnier; microwave, covered, on high just until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Drain cranberries; fold cranberries into batter.
- 4. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix Grand Marnier and enough confectioners' sugar to reach a drizzling consistency. Spoon over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor’s Note: To remove cakes easily, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.
1 slice: 425 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake
"Thanks for the receipe...Will be trying it todaywww.govt-job.guru"
"I made it but, I added dried diced Apricots and sliced Almonds along with some Poppy seeds, it was incredible!! I plan on trying with coconut and diced dried Pineapple the next time."
"This pound cake is wonderful. Of course, it's best the day it's baked, but is still moist and tasty even three days later."