Grand Marnier Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
This is a bit different than the usual pound cakes I've prepared. The combination of cranberries and orange liqueur is incredible. —Kathy Hunter, Woodland, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake 55 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1. In a microwave, heat cranberries and liqueur just until heated through. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to batter alternately with yogurt. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. Combine confectioners' sugar and liqueur; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 567 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 94 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC