Gran's Granola Parfaits Recipe
When my mother-in-law (Gran to our kids) had us over for brunch, I especially enjoyed her yogurt parfaits. They were refreshing, light and wholesome. I made a few changes to her recipe and came up with this sweet, crunchy and nutty variation. Yum! —:Angela Keller Newburgh, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Wheaties
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4-1/2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 2 to 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the butter, syrup and honey; drizzle over oat mixture and stir until well coated. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; crumble into pieces.
- 2. Combine the fruits in a large bowl. For each parfait, layer 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons of granola and 3 round tablespoons fruit in a parfait glass or dessert bowl. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining granola. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC