Gran's Apple Cake Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to applesauce mixture and beat until combined. Fold in apples and pecans.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar (mixture will be soft). Spread over cooled cake. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Gran's Apple Cake
Sort By :
"Super moist and yummy! I added raisins to mine-will definitely make this again:)"
"This recipe was a good way to use up some of my dad's apples from his apple tree. My boys LOVED it & one of them said it was the cinnamon in it that made it taste so good!"
"A good recipe...tastes somewhat like apple cobbler. I kinda overbaked mine, but it was still moist. I didn't add frosting to the cake, but served it with whipped cream."
"Delicious. I shredded the apples and left out the nuts to make it more kid friendly. I haven't frosted it yet, but we've enjoyed pieces without the frosting. Very moist. Yum."
"This is my go to recipe for apple cake. Everyone on special diets can eat this"