Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie
—Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Add the raisins,
- butter, vinegar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- Fill with raisin mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of
- pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in
- Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 552 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.