Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Add the raisins, butter, vinegar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with raisin mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 552 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie
"this is like the ones my Mom made when I was growing up in Quebec. Thanks for sharing this recipe with me. I live in Colebrook, not far from you. :)"