—Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Add the raisins, butter, vinegar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with raisin mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie in Country Woman May/June 1991, p35
Reviews for Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2015
"this is like the ones my Mom made when I was growing up in Quebec. Thanks for sharing this recipe with me. I live in Colebrook, not far from you. :)"