- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Add the raisins, butter, vinegar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with raisin mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie in Country Woman May/June 1991, p35
Reviews for Grammy Gilman's Raisin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review