- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the graham cracker mixture. Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Graham Streusel Coffee Cake(7)
Sort By :
I had to times this recipe by 12 but I made it at work for October Fest and it was the hit of the party! Wonderful cake!
This cake is wonderful! It made the whole house smell like home. My family fought over the last piece!
Delicious cake! I used a Butter Golden cake recipe and my middle layer of streusel fell to the bottom. I had read previous reviews though and baked the cake for 20 minutes before adding the top layer and had no problems with that. I doubled the glaze and added a little vanilla for a little extra flavor. I don't mind the streusel on the bottom but maybe just as an experiment next time I'll put all the batter in the pan, top with half the streusel, bake for 20 minutes and then add the rest of the topping. Any way you make it the taste combination is a winner in my book.
Have been making this cake for 30 years. If I do use nuts, I use walnuts instead of pecans. It is always a big hit!
This is the best coffee cake I have ever made. Everyone loves it! It is so moist and delicious. Great with or without nuts.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Desserts >
- German Bread Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >