- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the graham cracker mixture. Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Graham Streusel Coffee Cake
"I omitted the nuts and icing and took this to a baby shower. It was good, but not outstanding (it was plenty sweet, so I do not think we would have enjoyed it more with the icing). However, it was done in 30 min! I am glad I checked the cake box. 40 minutes seemed too long."
"If you bake this the night before you serve it, will it still be tasty & moist?"
"I made this as a treat for my husband's fellow tennis players--of course, I had a piece myself (always have to taste new recipes). I used a 9 x 13 pan and cut it into 28 pieces. It took exactly 40 minutes to bake. I was very disappointed when he came home with an empty pan (no leftovers for me)--he said they loved this coffee cake. I really hate the taste of powdered sugar in icing so I made the icing much better by adding a little melted butter, vanilla, and using some left over whipping cream instead of milk--really good icing with no powdered sugar taste. I also added a little extra cinnamon to the topping (love it). I used a yellow cake mix from Aldi's that used oil in the mix (not butter) and had no problem with the topping sinking to the bottom--instead it all rose to the top which was fine."
"Delicious, quick and easy! I made this in advance and froze it to serve at a continental breakfast I catered and it was enjoyed by all. I had lots of graham cracker crumbs on hand (clearance sale at Target--LOL!) and this was a great way to use some of them!"
"Very easy & quick to make for a weekend breakfast or brunch. The only changes I made were to cut the brown sugar to 1/2 cup, & next time, I'd use only 1/2 cup of butter, melted. I was short of time, so I didn't use the glaze & it was perfect without it. Will definitely make again. Both of my older daughters took copies of the recipe home with them, & that says a lot as they don't care to bake!"
"Very easy to make and usually have all ingredients on hand..Had it for house quests and it was gone very fast.Will make it again.It was very good!"
"Made this today for the first time and it was so good! I had to adapt it to fit a gluten and dairy free diet. I used gluten free Graham cracker crumbs and gluten free cake mix. In addition, I substituted canola oil for the melted butter. I also substituted almond milk for the milk in the drizzle. So good and you couldn't even tell the difference! Will definitely make again!"