- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the graham cracker mixture. Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Graham Streusel Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Good, quick, easy cake. My cake baked for less than 40 minutes though. And I would agree with the other reviews in decreasing the butter to 1/2 cup."
"I made this as a treat for my husband's fellow tennis players--of course, I had a piece myself (always have to taste new recipes). I used a 9 x 13 pan and cut it into 28 pieces. It took exactly 40 minutes to bake. I was very disappointed when he came home with an empty pan (no leftovers for me)--he said they loved this coffee cake. I really hate the taste of powdered sugar in icing so I made the icing much better by adding a little melted butter, vanilla, and using some left over whipping cream instead of milk--really good icing with no powdered sugar taste. I also added a little extra cinnamon to the topping (love it). I used a yellow cake mix from Aldi's that used oil in the mix (not butter) and had no problem with the topping sinking to the bottom--instead it all rose to the top which was fine."
"Delicious, quick and easy! I made this in advance and froze it to serve at a continental breakfast I catered and it was enjoyed by all. I had lots of graham cracker crumbs on hand (clearance sale at Target--LOL!) and this was a great way to use some of them!"
"Very easy & quick to make for a weekend breakfast or brunch. The only changes I made were to cut the brown sugar to 1/2 cup, & next time, I'd use only 1/2 cup of butter, melted. I was short of time, so I didn't use the glaze & it was perfect without it. Will definitely make again. Both of my older daughters took copies of the recipe home with them, & that says a lot as they don't care to bake!"
"This cake is wonderful! What could be better than a coffee cake with tons of pecans!! My husband and I loved it and I am going to make it again today. Thanks for a terrific recipe!!"