Graham Pie Crust Mix
To save time when she needs a dessert in a jiffy, Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona keeps this versatile crust mix on hand. The crumb mixture makes enough for four pies and complements the taste of most any filling.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 5 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine the crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon;
- pulse until mixture becomes crumbly. Store in an airtight container
- in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Yield: about 7-1/2 cups mix (about 4 pie crusts).
- To prepare one crust: Press about 1-3/4 cups crust mix onto the
- bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for
- 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Chill 30 minutes before
- filling. Yield: 1 pie crust.