Graham Cream Puff Recipe
"For an exquisite treat, try these 'berry' special graham cracker puffs filled with raspberries and cream," recommends Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raspberries, drained
- 1. Cover baking sheets with foil; grease foil and set aside. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour and cracker crumbs all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape.
- 3. For glaze, place berries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain berries and discard seeds. Set the puree aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice and the reserved puree until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 4. For filling, beat cream in a chilled large bowl, until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Split cream puffs open; discard soft dough from inside. Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 270 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Graham Cream Puff
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC