This was a dessert I used to order at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I couldn't believe you could fry ice cream, but this recipe is delicious proof. Top it with honey, caramel ice cream topping or whipped cream.—Kay Higgins, Madawaska, Maine
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, place six scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze.
- Place heavy cream in a shallow bowl. Combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip ice cream balls in cream, then roll in crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining cream and set aside remaining crumb mixture.
- Roll ice cream balls again in cream, then coat again with crumbs. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry ice cream balls for 10-15 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fried Ice Cream in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p15
Reviews for Graham Cracker Fried Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review