Graham Cracker Cookies
From Freeport, Illinois, Lois McKnight sends these sweet sandwich cookies. "My brother and I enjoyed these peanut butter treats when we were young," she recalls. "I made these cookies for my children, and now I make them for my grandchildren."
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) graham crackers
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 4-5
- minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat;
- stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter, and peanuts if desired
- and vanilla.
- Break the graham crackers in half. Spread about 2 tablespoons filling
- on the bottoms of half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.