Graham Cracker Butterscotch Pie
"Being diabetic and having a craving for a butterscotch pie, I went into the kitchen and came up with this version that suits my diet and taste buds perfectly," explains Edward Post of Etiwanda, California. "Even my wife enjoyed it, and she usually doesn't go for my culinary creations."
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 7-1/2 whole reduced-fat graham crackers
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 large ripe banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Break or cut whole crackers in half. In a 9-in. square dish, arrange
- nine graham cracker halves. Break the remaining crackers in half
- again; stand up around the sides of the dish. In a bowl, whisk milk
- and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add
- sour cream; mix well. Arrange banana slices over graham crackers;
- top with pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5-6
- hours. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: This dessert has a soft set.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat,