My father-in-law is diabetic, but this creamy pudding dessert is one treat he can eat. It has all the flavors of a true banana split. —Ann Jansen, Depere, Wisconsin
- 2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) cold reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium firm bananas,sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 5 maraschino cherries, quartered
- Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the evaporated milk, fat-free milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Spread pudding evenly over crust. Layer with bananas, pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Top with cherries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Dessert in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p57
Reviews for Graham Cracker Banana Split Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review