"I entertain often, so this crowd-pleasing dessert is frequently on the menu," relates Evelyn Schmidt of Toms River, New Jersey. "When cleaning up the dishes, there's never a crumb left to scrape off."
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 5 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (20 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 2 (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate candy bar, broken into squares
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour over crust; top with bananas and pineapple. Spread with whipped topping (dish will be full). Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting. Garnish with candy bar pieces and cherries if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p48
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Graham Cracker Banana Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review