Enjoyed for over 30 years in our family, this was the punch my mom served when I graduated from high school. And I made it when my own kids graduated!
80 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 8 quarts water, divided
- 4 envelopes unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid mix
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 cans (46 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and 2 qts. water. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat;
- stir in Kool-Aid mix. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, divide the syrup between two large containers or
- punch bowls; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining
- water to each. Stir in ginger ale.
- Yield: 3-3/4 gallons.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 66 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.