- 2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set aside. Place mushroom caps in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Place caps in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork and onion until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots and mushroom stems in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, basil, salt and pepper until blended. Add the pine nuts, tomatoes, artichokes and pork mixture; cool slightly. Stir in Gruyere and sour cream.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Gourmet Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gourmet Stuffed Mushrooms(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >