Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 5 Greek olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Saute onion in 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet until tender and lightly browned. Add olives; cook 1 minute longer. Spread mustard over bread slices. Layer one slice with onion mixture and cheeses. Top with remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwich with remaining butter.
- 2. Toast sandwich in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
1 sandwich: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
"This was good, but not what I expected. I thought it would taste sort of Mediterranean with the olives and feta, but it didn't. It just tasted like a fancy grilled cheese sandwich. As advertised, I guess!"