- 2 slices sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 5 Greek olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Saute onion in 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet until tender and lightly browned. Add olives; cook 1 minute longer. Spread mustard over bread slices. Layer one slice with onion mixture and cheeses. Top with remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwich with remaining butter.
- Toast sandwich in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p90
Reviews for Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 8, 2015
"This was good, but not what I expected. I thought it would taste sort of Mediterranean with the olives and feta, but it didn't. It just tasted like a fancy grilled cheese sandwich. As advertised, I guess!"
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2015