Gourmet Caramel Apples Recipe
These drizzled confections look gorgeous and taste over-the-top yummy. With peanut butter flavor and a salty burst, they'll be the treats you can't wait to make each year. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large tart apples
- 4 wooden pop sticks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 pretzel rods, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup Reese's pieces
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry apples. Insert a pop stick into the top of each; set aside.
- 2. Place chocolate chips in separate microwave-safe bowls. Heat in a microwave until melted; stir until smooth. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 3. Combine caramels and water in another microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave until melted; stir until smooth. Dip apples into caramel; turn to coat. Immediately press pretzels and Reese's pieces into sides of apples. Drizzle melted chocolate and candy coating over tops. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Gourmet Caramel Apples
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2012
"PACKAGED caramels? REALLY? What's gourmet about that?"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC