Goulash Soup Recipe
I found this recipe in a church cookbook and modified it slightly so it tastes just like the goulash soup we had while visiting Germany a few years ago. It's now become a family favorite at our house.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pounds meaty beef soup bones
- 1 quart fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cover stew meat and soup bones with water. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat from bones; strain broth and discard bones. Return broth and meat to kettle. Add the next nine ingredients. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: about 16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 222 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Goulash Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC