- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pounds meaty beef soup bones
- 1 quart fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cover stew meat and soup bones with water. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from bones; strain broth and discard bones. Return broth and meat to kettle. Add the next nine ingredients. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: about 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Goulash Soup in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p6
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Goulash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review