Gouda Turkey Frittata Recipe
You'll want to enjoy this cheesy, filling egg skillet not only for breakfast, but also for dinner. The hearty frittata is a great way to use up turkey leftovers.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini and shallots in oil and butter until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water; stir in turkey and seasonings. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 3. Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 171 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC